You are here: Home ->Initiatives -> Marketing of Rural Products -> SARAS ->Eligibility criteria to participate in SARAS fair
Eligibility criteria and instruction for participation in the Saras Fairs
- The participant should essentially be a BPL member. The artisans should bring proofs of their Identity BPL number.
- The artisans should be beneficiaries of SGSY Programme of this Ministry.
- The participant group should bring the enclosed proforma duly signed by officials (in original) along with the copy of the bank pass books.
- Identity card should be issued to the participants with their photographs duly attested by the Project Director of the respective DRDA. The name, full address, phone and fax Nos. of the attesting authority should be clearly mentioned in the identity card.
- The enclosed proforma should be forwarded only by the State Government by an officer, not below the rank of Joint Secretary, to ensure the authenticity of the participating group. Proformas furnished directly by the Project Directors or such other District functionaries will be rejected.
- The artisans participating in the fair should be able to demonstrate and explain the product, its quality, standard and the availability of volumes, ordering procedures, etc.
- The participating members should bring the stock statement along with the receipt of the mode of transportation availed. The stock statement along with the price range has to be submitted prior to the beginning of the fair.
- The names of the artisans and product data base should be forwarded to the Ministry well in advance so as to enable us to make a plan for display and allotment of stall accordingly.